Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Group of Seven
Transcript of The Group of Seven
Members of the group:
Lawren Stewart Hariss
How did they meet????
- J.E.H. Macdonald, Arthur Lismer, Frank Johnston, Franklin Carmichael and Tom Thomson, worked at Grip Ltd. in Toronto.
-1913: A.Y. Jackson and Lawren Hariss joined the company.
-They loved to share their ideas/work of art with each other
Where and When was the group formed???
- Lawren and Dr. James MacCallum were both, a really big help for the group
- They both built a studio for all members in 1914, in Rosedale, Toronto
-It was built so the members can meet and work their, instead of going somewhere else.
By: Jasdeep Kaur Lally 7D
-Dr. MacCallum worked at Georgian Bay so, the Algonquin Park and Georgian Bay, was their inspiration
-They traveled back and fort to these locations.
-They enjoyed to do their paintings,by looking at the landscapes.
-Francis Hans Johnston is the artist's birth name
-born: June 19, 1888,
( in Toronto )
-passed away: July 19, 1949, ( in Toronto).
-He studied in Germany, (from 1904-1907).
-studied art in Philadelphia
-developed his career in New York
- Also, he went to Beams ville after the World War I
(wanted to train himself)
- In 1921, Frank left Toronto to become a Principal in Manitoba.
-He was working at a school of art.
-His paintings were wonderful landscapes he saw out in the wild
- During 1927, Frank changed his name to the more exciting name of `Franz' Johnston
-When Johnston left The Group, he started to work in department stores of art
- He began solo painting
-After, in the 1930s and 1940s, the artist & Northwest Territories
- Frank paints landscapes of snow and rivers.
Now further research on...
Frank created 250 paintings in his whole entire career!
Unlike many Canadian artists, Fraz was able to achieve great financial success in his lifetime.
He was part of ,Arts Letters Club. A group of about a hundred men who would meet regularly to talk about (their) art.
Frank met Lawren Hariss at Arts Letters Club
Fire Swept Algoma
The Dark Woods Interior
Serenity Lake of the Woods
In my opinion, I think Mr.Johnston is a very wonderful artist. He creates what he sees, and he does a very good job of making his work very good. I love his art and his past because, he traveled and had lots of experience of the world.
Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome...