Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Trusts: A Touch of Grey
Transcript of Trusts: A Touch of Grey
Testamentary or inter vivos
Persons or purpose
Bare, fixed or discretionary
The law of trusts
1892: Announcement of the Stanley Cup
1892: Cup made in Sheffield, bought in London
1893: Conditions published in Montreal Gazette
1893: Cup awarded to Montreal Amateur Athletic Association
1910: Awarded to professional teams ever since
1917: Awarded to Seattle Metropolitans
1927: Awarded to NHL teams ever since
1919: Cup not awarded (Spanish flu)
1947: Trustees delegated to NHL
2005: "Wednesday Nighters" sue
2006: "Wednesday Nighters" settle
Statute of Uses, 1535
Q: "... from year to year ..."?
Q: Perpetuities problem?
Q: Gift from the Crown?
Q: Charitable trust?
Q: Delegation? Accounting?
Q: Cultural misappropriation?