Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Trusts: A Touch of Grey
Transcript of Trusts: A Touch of Grey
Testamentary or inter vivos
Persons or purpose
Bare, fixed or discretionary
The law of trusts
1892: Announcement of the Stanley Cup
1892: Cup made in Sheffield, bought in London
1893: Conditions published in Montreal Gazette
1893: Cup awarded to Montreal Amateur Athletic Association
1910: Awarded to professional teams ever since
1917: Awarded to Seattle Metropolitans
1927: Awarded to NHL teams ever since
1919: Cup not awarded (Spanish flu)
1947: Trustees delegated to NHL
2005: "Wednesday Nighters" sue
2006: "Wednesday Nighters" settle
Statute of Uses, 1535
Q: "... from year to year ..."?
Q: Perpetuities problem?
Q: Gift from the Crown?
Q: Charitable trust?
Q: Delegation? Accounting?
Q: Cultural misappropriation?