Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Lauryn Moose & Kara Orr
Transcript of Lauryn Moose & Kara Orr
Paul was born on September 24th 1969. He was born in El Paso, Texas.
He moved when he was young to South Tampa and grew up there.
He started training for the army in October 1989
He deployed with B company in October 1996 as part of the 2nd Brigade Combat Team.
He was in the Gulf War, the Bosnian War, the Kosovo War, and the Iraq War.
Paul R Smith has a middle school (Paul R Smith Middle School) in Florida named after him.
Sergeant First Class Paul R. Smith
Sadly, on April 4th 2003, in Baghdad, Iraq, Paul Ray Smith was shot in the head and died. He was shot while trying to keep his 100 men in combat safe. He had served for thirteen years at the time of his death.
Medal of Honor
Sergeant Paul R Smith earned the Medal Of Honor on April 4th 2005 for his heroic act that he died doing. This deed was when he kept his 100 men in combat safe by risking his own life. His son David, age 11 at the time, received the Medal of Honor (from President George Bush) for his father who he believes is looking over him.