Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
11AA, March 12: Ethos, Pathos, Logos Review and Application
Transcript of 11AA, March 12: Ethos, Pathos, Logos Review and Application
The character of the speaker.
Find an advertisement on youtube. Explain whether the video primarily Ethos, Pathos, or Logos. Submit your responses on Edmodo. Do not forget to include the video using the "link" button!
an appeal to the audiences’ emotions.
View the video. Identify the following:
an appeal to logic and reasoning.
Explain how the advertisement uses Logos, and which type(s) it is using (common sense, data, cause/effect)
Persuasion Quiz 1
Part 1: Define
2. The three types of Ethos are:
________________, ________________, _______________.
5. The 3 types of Logos are:
_______________, _______________, ______________.
Part 2: Identify
For each video, answer the following questions:
1. What is the advertisement persuading us to do, believe, or think?
2. Which type of persuasion (ethos, pathos, logos) is used the most?
3. Explain how your answer for #2 is used in the advertisment.
Ethos, Pathos, Logos Usage
The Primary purpose of the argument appeals (Ethos, Pathos, Logos) is to effectively form an opinion and persuade others that your opinion is the correct one over anyone else's who may disagree with you.
Persuasive arguments are all about using all forms of appeals to convince others that your opinion is the right and strongest one.
a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point.
What argument is being made in this video?
a contrasting, opposing, or refuting argument.
Identify one argument made for spending more money on whale education, and one against it.
Are our children learning enough about whales?
(12%. 5/10 doctors...)
(I trust him.)
This REAL Craigslist advertisement is like many others: it's trying to persuade us to buy a product or a serve by making an ARGUMENT about why that product or service is beneficial for us. Here's what you need to do:
1. Identify and explain what the advertisement is trying to persuade us to do, believe or think.
2. Identify the statement that the author makes that you believe is his STRONGEST, MOST CONVINCING statement.
3. Explain which type of appeal you believe this statement fits (Ethos, Pathos or Logos).