Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
1-The Exceptional Learner
Transcript of 1-The Exceptional Learner
What does "exceptional" mean?
Who is "exceptional"?
Federal Disability Rate = 12.9%
Disability Rate in Missouri = 12.89%
Males make up 67% of students identified with disabilities
Black students are over-identified as mentally retarded/intellectually disabled and as emotionally disturbed
Gifted Rate in Missouri = 4%
Gifted ed is not mandated in Missouri or in many other states
English Learners Rate in Missouri = 2.6%
3.40% Specific Learning Disability
2.61% Other Health Impairment
2.05% Speech Impairment
1.12% Language Impairment
1.07% Intellectual Disability (Mental Retardation)
0.73% Emotional Disturbance
0.30% Young Child with a Developmental Delay
0.16% Multiple Disabilities
0.13% Hearing Impairment
0.05% Orthopedic Impairment
0.05% Visual Impairment
0.04% Traumatic Brain Injury
Using Person-First Language
Be cautious with labels
"Exceptional" rather than "disabled"
"Person with a ____" rather than "____ed person"
"Samantha" rather than "person with ____"
"Our students" not "your students"