Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How Country Music Has Changed
Transcript of How Country Music Has Changed
By Sarah Hunter
- Started in early 1900s
- More popular in the South
- Kind of a combination of Western Music & American - Folk Music
- Didn't become popular until the 1940s
- Consisted of ballads and dance tunes
- Most common instruments used- Banjos, electric and acoustic guitars, fiddles, and harmonicas
Different Types & Artists
Different Types & Artists Continued
More About Country Music
- Most major shows were in the Grand Ole Opry and most musicians still perform there today
- There are multiple Country Music Award shows today like the Academy of Country Music Awards, CMT Music Awards, Country Music Association Awards and American Country Awards
Swinging Cowboys and Western Sing
"I Want To Be a Cowboy's Sweetheart" By Patsy Montana
"Guitar Boogie" by Arthur “Guitar Boogie” Smith
Bluegrass, Folk and Gospel
Red Foley had one of the first country gospel hits “Peace in the Valley”
“There’s a Tear in My Beer” by Hank Williams
Willie Nelson “Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay"
Dolly Parton “Here You Come Again”
Kenny Rogers “Lucille”
Johnny Cash “I Walk the Line”
Dixie Chicks "Wide Open Spaces
Brooks & Dunn
Bon Jovi “Who Says You Can’t Go Home”
2001 Kid Rock made a
transition from hard rock to country rock
that would produce another crossover hit “All Summer Long” 2008
Carrie Underwood "Jesus, Take The Wheel"
Brad Paisley “Mud on the Tires”
Lady Antebellum "Need You Now"
Taylor Swift "You Belong With Me"
Tim McGraw “When The Stars Go Blue”
Keith Urban “Kiss a Girl” 2009 Australian Country Singer
Current Country Songs
Darius Rucker "Wagon Wheel" early 2013 vs Old Crow Medicine Show “Wagon Wheel” Early 2000s
"The High Life" by Colt Ford
"Wake Me Up" by Tebey
Jason Aldean "Dirt Road Anthem"
"Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line featuring Nelly
1923 Fiddlin’ John Carlson “Little Log Cabin in the Lane”
Johnny Cash "I Walk The Line"
“Wide Open Spaces”
"When The Stars Go Blue"