Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Rocks rock
14th March 2018
To know the three types of rock
To know how they are made
To know how they can be inter-converted
To demonstrate this knowledge
What do these have in common?
Rocks found on the Earth's surface actually come from inside the Earth - so they tell us a lot about the Earth's interior. They are classified (organised) into three main groups: igneous rocks, sedimentary rocks and metamorphic rocks.
Igneous rocks are formed by magma from the molten interior of the Earth. When magma erupts it cools to form volcanic landforms. If magma cools inside the Earth it forms intrusive rock, which may later be exposed by erosion and weathering.
Examples of igneous rocks include basalt and granite.
Types of Igneous rock
Now some questions
In or out?
If the ________s r_____ co____d u______d it is said to be _____ive igneous rock. It will tend to have ______ cr_____ls. If the i______ _____k is ________ ab___ gr______ or it w______ it is called e_______ Ign___ r_____ and it wil tend to have _______ ______ls.
Try 1,2,3,7 and 8 on page 296