Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PERSONALITY - PART 2
Transcript of PERSONALITY - PART 2
HUMANISTIC THEORY OF PERSONALITY- focuses on human experience, problems, potentials , and ideals.
Abraham Maslow: Author of Maslow's Hierarchy
Characteristics of Maslow's Self-Actualization
1. Efficient Perception of Reality
2. Comfortable acceptance of self and others.
4. Task Centering
6. Continued Freshness of Appreciation
7. Fellowship with Humanity
8. Profound Interpersonal Relationships.
9. Comfort with Solitude
10. Non Hostile sense of humor.
11. Peak Experiences - ecstasy, harmony, deep meaning , a one with the universe.
Organismic Valuing - A natural undistorted full body reaction to an experience.
Peterson & Seligman (2004) - Six Human Strengths That Contribute to Life Satisfaction
1. Wisdom and Knowledge.
Carl Rogers- Humanistic Theory - emphasizes the human capacity for inner peace & happiness.
A FULLY FUNCTIONING PERSON is a person living in harmony with his or her deepest feelings, impulses, and intuitions.
SELF- A continuously evolving conception of one's personal identity.
Organismic valuing: A natural, undistorted, full-body reaction to
ALFRED ADLER - Disagreed with Freud on the importance of sexuality - we are social creatures governed by social urges, not by biological instincts.
KAREN HORNEY - rejected Freud's claim that "anatomy is destiny".
CARL JUNG - a student of Freud, but developed his own concepts and ideas...
Persona - mask or "public self" presented to others
Personal unconscious- mental storehouse for personal unconscious thoughts
Collective unconscious-mental storehouse for unconscious ideas, and images shared by all humans Archetype - a universal idea, image, or pattern, found in the collective unconscious.
MANDALAS-symbols of the self-archetype
Carl Rogers - Author of The Fully Functioning Person
Creativity and Madness Presentation majikdrum