Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of ALDI_MOBILE_ 10_09_15
This presentation aims to give an overview of the:
UK telecom market.
Other Aldi Mobile countries.
Discuss the challenges and give a recommendation for market entry.
ROUTE TO MARKET
The proposed route to market would be via a partnership
Use a third party aggregator to manage the relationship between us and the telecom provider.
Micro Site - Call centres - Elements of marketing.
launched Aldi Talk in December 2005 with an offer that's focused the customer 'topping up' in store.
In May 2015 they began a trial enabling customers to top up through a micro site hosted by Medion with great success with over 10,000 customers using this service in the first week.
With weekly transactions of over 27,500 in the last 4 weeks a clear trend is present (4 weeks up to 26.07.15).
launched Aldi mobile in March 2013 with an offer focused on the customer 'topping up' on line with over 90% of transactions being accounting for through this channel since launch.
Whilst this is partly due to the store portfolio vs. the German business, indications suggest that the UK customer is more inclined to take this approach.
(as of the end of 2014).
GERMANY (ALDI TALK)
AUSTRALIA (ALDI MOBILE)
NUMBER OF CUSTOMERS
MONTHLY REVENUE PER CUSTOMER
PAYG MARKET SHARE
INTERNATIONAL TARIFF STRUCTURE
N0 FREE CALLS / TEXTS
150 MB DATA
500 MINS OR TEXTS
500 MB DATA
1500 MINS OR TEXTS
1.5 GB DATA
FREE CALLS / TEXTS
(ALDI 2 ALDI)
NO FREE CALS / TEXTS
5 GB DATA
Currently there are four network operators that own spectrum infrastructure in the UK:
- They include
- In recent years the market has seen a shift away from
texts towards mobile messaging
- BT and Sky are planning on entering the MVNO space with a new 'multi play'
is evident where an MVNO is capable of bundling key elements as part of a
residential package; calls (fixed and mobile), data (fixed and mobile) and TV.
- The planned consolidation of the UK market with the purchase by BT of EE
and Three's takeover of 02 has thrown into question the market.
- Their aim: create a 'sticky' mechanism that reduces customer churn as households
linked to TV packages are seen as less transitional.
UK MARKETING REVIEW
UK MARKET CONSOLIDATION
NETWORK OPERATORS MARKET SHARE
(No OF CUSTOMERS AS OF 31.03.15)
NETWORK OPERATOR (MVNO)
No OF CUSTOMERS
(AS OF 31,03,15)
MOBILE BY SAINSBURY'S
YEAR 1 FORECAST =
DYNAMIC MARKET PLACE
Would follow other Aldi mobile countries.
INTERNATIONAL COMPARISONS: GERMANY / AUSTRALIA
(as of the end of 2014)
UK MARKET REVIEW
- UK inhabitants have 1.24 sim cards
active at one time.
UK MARKET REVIEW
- Germany 1.30 and Australia 1.22.
- The 2014 ratio of Pay As You Go (PAYG) to contract
tariffs is 41.50%/58.50%.
- £15.60 worth of credit per month is used by the UK
WHAT WOULD THAT MEAN FOR ALDI UK?
ALDI MOBILE BUSINESS CASE
- with that the focus on data has increased
- 2013-2014 text usage decreased by