Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why was there a Red Scare in the USA?
Transcript of Why was there a Red Scare in the USA?
Most will: Consider the purposes of sources (B-A*)
Why did a Red Scare grip the USA?
Firstly we will read pg12 and 13:
Naheeda, Tina, Shanon, Safiya ,Tia, Catarina, Barbara, Jessica, Chenelle, Maria, Felece, Waad, Laura, Katheryn, Shery, Chloe, Rachelle, Shanara.
Let us analyse Source C using the pro-forma
Progress Check 1
What were the two government agencies that investigated the Red Scare?
Why were the Hollywood Ten sent to prison?
What was Alger Hiss accused of?
What was the reaction of ordinary people?
What can you learn from 'You read books eh?' about attitudes to communism in the USA? (6 marks)
Progress check two
What do we need to
consider in terms of purpose?
politics of the author