Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Does the size of a fish tank determine how large a fish will
Transcript of Does the size of a fish tank determine how large a fish will
By: Kenzie Cline and Taylor Beebe
Kenzie wondered if the size of
a fish tank determined the
growth a the fish.
If the size of the fish tank
decreases, then the growth
of the fish will decrease.
The size of the fish tank.
10 gallon fish tank
20 gallon fish tank
30 gallon fish tank
The growth of the fish.
The 10 gallon fish tank
Same breed of fish, same food,
same brand of filters, same
tank cleaning schedules, same
location of tank, Marineland
Aquatic fish tanks, same ruler,
same length of fish and same
- 9 gold fish (6 months, 4 inches)
- Three 10 gallon fish tank (Marineland
- Three 20 gallon fish tank (Marineland Aquatic Fishtank)
- Three 30 gallon fish tank (Marineland Aquatic Fishtank)
- 9 bottles of Tetrafin Plus Gold Fish Food
- 9 ALEAs XP-06 Plastic Goldfish Filter
- A ruler
- Small fish net
- 9 bottles of PondCare Algae Destoryer Advanced: 16 oz.
- Goggles & gloves (for cleaning)
Buy 9 goldfish (6 months old) (4 inches)
Buy 9 fishtanks (3 ten gallon, 3 twenty gallon, 3 thirty gallon)
Fill the fishtanks up with water.
Put the filters in each fishtank.
Put one goldfish in each tank.
Feed each goldfish a small pinch of food twice a day.
Clean fishtank every Friday using Pondcare Algae Destroyer and gloves and goggles for protection.
Continue feeding for 6 months
After 6 months, take each fish out of the tank using the small fishnet.
measure each fish in inches.
record the data
Size of Tank
Length of the Fish
1 2 3
Mean Length of
The Effect of the Size of the Fishtank on the Length of the Fish
Length of Goldfish
Size of Fishtank
Our data shows that a bigger tank does not influence the fish to grow bigger, but if the tank is too small it will stunt the fish's growth.
Our chart has a steady growth rate for each trial. The 20 and 30 gallon tanks have a maximum growth of the fish once it reaches 1 year old.
Our data rejects the hypothesis because the fish doesn't grow according to the size of the tank. It grows at a normal rate but if the tank is too small it will die before it grows its full length.