Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Heather Cavell
Expectations for Students
• Take NOTES and STUDY using a math notebook
• Attend Class (arrive on time) if required
• Meet Deadlines for Study Island (Work samples and Checkpoints) and School requirements
• Communicate daily with your Learning coach and Teachers
• Get the help you need to be successful
• Prioritize school above less important activities
• Be honest and create your own original work
• Work out practice problems with pencil (or favorite writing tool) and paper in your math notebook
This year I am honored to teach Algebra and Math Yellow with AZVA.
I began teaching at the high school level. I have also taught masters students for the University of Arizona. I started teaching middle school mathematics for AZVA in January of 2011.
I am a certified mathematics teacher.
I love to crochet.
I am a collector. I collect many things like Pez Dispensers and action figures.
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
I like to hike and scuba dive.
I earned my B.A. in Anthropology and Mathematics from the University of Arizona. While teaching high school I continued my education and earned my Masters of Education from the University of Phoenix.
Interested in learning more about mathematics and student learning I returned full time to the University of Arizona for my doctoral degree in
Teaching, Learning, Social Cultural Studies and Mathematics Education.
I have had the honor of co-sponsoring space club for the last three years at AZVA with Ms. Bouanani and Ms. Bawolek. We have had an amazing time exploring space and space related sciences with our students. We look forward to another great year with you!
Movie: Jaws or Princess Bride
Book: Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
TV Show: Through the Wormhole or How its Made
Math Topic: Fractals or Chaos
Reptile: Pacman Frog
Quote: “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.”
― Albert Einstein, Relativity: The Special and the General Theory
I look froward to getting to know you and working with you this year!
Please don't hesitate to contact me via phone or kmail.
Let's have a great year!
From UA website
Kmail me some of your favorites!
My daughter is almost a year old now. She is very active and loves mashed potatoes.