Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Black Bat Flower
Transcript of Black Bat Flower
-It's natural habitat is a rain forest, and it grows wildly in the tropical rainforest of the Yunnan Province, China. What family does it belong to? It belongs to the 'dioscoreaceae' family. Look The flower has dark green leaves that are paddle shaped and pleated. It has bell shaped flowers. It has black whiskers that can grow up to 28 inches and it's virtually stemless. It can grow as tall as 3 feet and as wide as 12 inches. The filaments in the middle of the flower look like a flying bat. 3 How does it Reproduce? It is thought to be pollinated by flies but some are self pollinating. Plant Status The black bat flower is rare and endangered in habitat. What makes it unique? It's scientific name is Tacca chantrieri and it is a very exotic tropical plant that is related to yams. It prefers shade and likes to stay moist but not soggy.