Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Contemporary Philippine Art
Transcript of Contemporary Philippine Art
-Harsh and agitated brush strokes
-Use of distorted figures
-do not take flight from pleasant daily scenery
-Muddy earth colors
-“Modern Art is an outgrowth of Classical Art. Modern Art is the interpretation of the Classical concept conditioned by the artist’s new experience with the aid of improved means of aesthetic expression.” POST-WAR PERIOD NAPOLEON ABUEVA (Father of Modern Philippine Sculpture)
-Kaganapan literally interprets the female reproductive function as a fulfillment to women
- used almost all kinds of materials from hard wood (molave, acacia, and bamboo) to adobe, metal, stainless steel, cement, marble, bronze, iron, alabaster, coral and brass. HERNANDO OCAMPO
-Invented a new mode of abstraction that exemplifies Philippine flora and fauna, and portrays sunshine, stars and rain
-Used movement and bold colors
-Utilized fantasy and science fiction as the basis for his works
-His art is described to be "abstract compositions of biological forms that seemed to oscillate, quiver, inflame and multiply" like mutations.