Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
RaFa RaFa BETA CULTURE
Transcript of RaFa RaFa BETA CULTURE
It's o.k. not to play the
game, you both still get luck
How to Interact:
These things make us lose luck
• Sitting in special place
• No one can sit when they are present
• Always the guesser
• Others wait by them till they stamp
• Always get good luck hand
• After 3 correct quietly say “RAFA RAFA” and touch hider with 3 fingers on arm
Respect Olders in the community
If someone doesn’t know the rules (keeps stamping when others stamp, guessing when they shouldn’t),
these people should be avoided, so they don’t take away good luck from others.
If someone gives an older the bone, stamps in front of an older, sits in presence of an older, they are removed without explanation
The number 3 is lucky.
We care about each another.
We like to be together & touch one another.
We respect our elders.
We want luck for ourselves and other Alphas.
YOU MUST GO PLAY WITH SOMEONE ELSE
BEFORE YOUCAN TRY TO PLAY TOGETHER AGAIN
Alphas spend time Playing a Good Luck Game called RaFa RaFa
RaFa RaFa means good luck
2 people per game
Begin with greeting: question & answer
Ways to LOSE LUCK
When you get a set, you then write your name
You keep track of your money on the board.
When you get a set you turn in your cards and get 5 new cards.
RaFa RaFa - BETA CULTURE
We respect those that are hard working.
We believe in hard work.
We earn our living by trading cards and earning money.
We stay one arm's length away & don't like to be touched.
We have our own language
The one with the most money wins.
One set is 5 different animals all of the same color.
You are trying to get as many sets as you can.
You get 5 units of money for each set.
Asking for the type of card you want:
Walk around making animal sounds:
Moo, Oink, Oink, Quack, Quack, Baa, Baa, Bow Wow.
Asking for the color of card you want:
Hold up ANY card of that color.
Agreeing or Not to a trade:
To say “yes” to trade nod head up and down
To say “no” or “I don’t have it” raise your elbows
Making the trade:
Trader A places card on floor and backs away
Trader B places their card on floor takes the other card and backs away
Trader A takes the card
We stay one arm's length away to not get too close.
• We currently have a shortage of cows and sheep in our culture. We have been told that visitors to our culture will likely have cows and sheep.
• We can only speak Beta when in Beta culture
• If others don’t trade correctly, and don’t obey the rules of our culture, it is acceptable to take the cards you need from them. IT IS NOT OK TO BE PHYSICAL OR DO THIS THROUGH ANY LANGUAGE OTHER THEN BETA.
Each pair finishes their game, then touch that person with 3
fingers and say "RaFa RaFa" so everyone shares in the good luck.
We spend our time trading animal cards to earn money
Our language helps us communicate what we need and are willing to trade
We are each going to learn a new culture & will have time
to practice it.
We are each going to visit a different culture.
During the visits no one talks about the rules of their culture.
We try to understand by our observations & experiences.
At the end we will be able to ask questions about the other culture and talk about ours.
It takes away EVERYONE'S LUCK if someone touches a RaFa RaFa too hard or not with 3 fingers
Keeping Track of our money