Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Setting
The basic definition of setting is the time and place a story occurs.
However, setting has much more than those two parts.
The physical setting can have multiple meanings.
It can include:
The broad location of a story
The specific location of an event
The area or region something occurs in
The culture of a specific place can affect the setting.
These can be defined by:
The time period a story takes place can directly affect the content of the story. For example, if a story is set during the Civil War, the setting will directly affect the characters, plot, and theme.
Why is setting/geography important?
Influences the characters.
Serves as a Symbol