Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Yangon Airport (VYYY)
Transcript of Yangon Airport (VYYY)
Yangon Airport IATA Code : RGN
Latitude : 16.9097
City : Yangon
World Area Code : 706
Asian Wings Airways
Golden Myanmar Airlines
Myanmar National Airlines
Myanmar Airways International
A modernization programme launched in April 2003 has so far resulted in a new terminal and an extended 11,200-foot (3414 m) runway. Designed by the Airport Development Division of CPG Corporation of Singapore and constructed by Asia World, a leading Burmese construction firm, at a cost of US$13.3 million, the new terminal can handle 900 arriving and 900 departing passengers simultaneously. Overall design and detailing was carried out to meet IATA service standards and to comply with ICAO safety and security standards at a cost of SG$30 million. Other notable features include:
address /Contact Detail :
airport (RGN), Mingaladon, Myanmar, Telephone : (95+1) 533031~6 (Ext:225)
Yangon Website : http:www.ygnia.com/
Airport Type : Public
Owner : Government of the Republic of Union of
Operator : Ministry of Transportation
* Separate floors for arriving and departing passengers to lessen congestion
* Automated baggage handling system, integrated check-in system * Four air bridges, capable of handling four Boeing 747s
* Special lounges for use by government officials and business people
* Two-story car park with spaces
for 340 vehicles.
* A customs warehouse
* Mingalardon cargo terminal,
operated by Mingalardon
AirAsia Kuala Lumpur International, Penang
(begins 22 March 2016)
Air Bagan Chiang Mai
Air China Beijing-Capital, Chengdu,
Air India Delhi (ends 22 March
2016), Gaya, Kolkata
All Nippon Airways Toky Narita
Korean Air Seoul-Incheon
Emirates : Dubai International (begins 4 August 2016),
Hanoi (begins 3 August 2016)
Airlines Destinations (CONT)
Airlines : Kuala Lumpur International
: Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Guangzhou, Kuala Lumpur–International, Kunming, Busan, Fukuoka,Ibaraki, Kagoshima, Kumamoto, Nagasaki, Okinawa, Osaka, Taipei-Taoyuan, Tokyo-Narita Seasonal: Gaya
Nok Air : Bangkok-Don Mueang
Qatar Airways : Doha
Bangkok : Don Mueang
Bangkok : Suvarnabhumi
Bangkok : Suvarnabhumi
Airlines : Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Airways : Bagan, Dawei, Heho, Kyaing Tong, Mandalay, Myeik,
Myitkyina, Naypyidaw, Tachilek
The runway has been extended to 11,200 feet, as part of an upgrade started in 2003, enabling Boeing 747-400 airplanes to use the airport.
Runway Dimensions : 3,414m x 61 m
Orientation : 03 - 21
Surface : Asphalt-concrete PCN 56/R/C/X/T
There is no designated area with helicopter pads at the airport. The runway is used regularly by helicopters, chartered by the oil and gas business, for flights serving platforms off the coast. Non-scheduled public air traffic with helicopters is permitted only after prior approval from the Department of Civil Aviation.
Present : (Yes / No) : No
Largest helicopter that can land : Bell 295 A-1
Width and Length (metres) : 46m x 829m
Surface : Smooth Asphalt
Mingalardon Cargo Services (MCS), a subsidiary of the Htoo Group, operates the Mingalardon Cargo Terminal, which has cargo facilities and cargo handling equipment. MCS is the sole cargo handling company at Yangon airport, it’s services include: import and export cargo handling, labelling, plastic stretch wrapping of pallets and cargo. Cargo handling equipment of MCS includes:
* 4 Weight scales (2 units 500kg, 2 units 10,000kg)
* 2 cargo X-ray units
* CCTV camera system
* 3 Forklifts (3 MT, 4.5 MT and 1.4 MT)
* Mobile conveyer belt: capacity 2,273 kg (5000 lbs.)
* Main deck loader: capacity 5,455 kg (12,000 lbs.)
* Tow tractor, container pallet dollies, baggage trollies
* A total of 536 sqm/ 2867 CBM storage space, including cold storage and cold rooms, as detailed below.
Money: A number of bureaux de change are available, along with an ATM in International Arrivals.
Communication: Public telephones and fixed internet stations are available in the terminals. Wi-Fi internet access is available in the International Terminal, but this is reportedly not always reliable.
Food: There are self-service cafés in the public areas of the airport, and further dining options are offered in the international Departures VIP lounges.
Shopping: Several shops selling local souvenirs and handicrafts are available, along with duty-free outlets in both international Arrivals and Departures. There are also jewelry and bookshops.
Luggage: Porters are available – confirm the fee in advance – and luggage trolleys are free to use, but not allowed outside the terminal building. Left luggage is not available.
Security: Myanmar police is responsible for airport security. There is a CCTV system in place, X-ray machines for luggage, walk-through metal detectors and handheld metal detectors.
Domestic Terminal of Yangon International Airport
The New Terminal Under Construction
Myanmar international airlines
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29B Fulcrum
Myanmar - Air Force
Myanmar Airways International (MAI)
1. Once, it was regarded as the best and most modern airport in Southeast Asia
2.Yangon is the primary, busiest, and largest international airport of Myanmar.
The airport was built on the former World War II airfield RAF Mingaladon in 1947 by the Calcutta Metropolitan Airports Authority. The airport fell into disrepair and remained that way for decades, as new superhubs like Singapore Changi Airport, Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport and Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta were built and superseded Yangon's facilities
* new terminal and an extended runway.
* overall design and detailing was carried out to meet IATA service standards and to comply with ICAO safety and security standards.
LANDSIDE AREA (support for facility in the airport)
- International and domestic Routes Served
Business Services & Internet
- Airport Lounges
- Business Centers
- Wireless Internet Access
- Seating Areas
-Security Lines (immigration, customs, guards, etc )
Myanmar police is responsible for airport security. There is a CCTV system in place, X-ray machines for luggage, walk-through metal detectors and handheld metal detectors.
-Shopping (souvenirs, handicrafts, duty-free outlets, jewellery and book shops)
Airside area: ( accessibility to aircraft)
Fire and crash truck building
- Maximum sized aircraft which can be offloaded on bulk cargo: Boeing 747-400
- Maximum sized aircraft that can be offloaded on pallet: Boeing 747 / Airbus 300