Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The USA
United States of America
is a very big country with the population of 250 million people.
-The country is in the middle of the Noth American continent.
-Its neighbours are:
(on the north)
(on the south)
(on the east)
(on the west)
- There 50 states in the USA and they all have a government and a capital city.
- The capital city of the USA is
: The USA flag is called the
STARS and STRIPES
. There are
on the flag, one for each state and
symbolize the first 13 states of USA.
2. Talk about its geography
(landscape, rivers, lakes, weather)
- There are extreme differences across the USA.
- In the western part of the country are the Rocky Mountains.
- In the centre of the country are huge plains where people grow mainly wheat.
- The longest river is
Great Lakes Region
we can find on the north. It makes a natural border with Canada.
are also situated in this area. They are one of the most beautiful wonders of the world.
- From north to south the climate of the country is very different.
- The coldest part is in Alaska and we can enjoy hot weather in the southern part of the country which has a subtropical climate:
New Mexico, Florida, California, Arizona
- Death Valley in California is the hottest place on Earth.
- In the Midwest the winters are long and cold.
- There are many popular parks.
- The most visited and oldest one is the
Yellowstone National Park.
is a famous canyon in
formed by the river
3. What is the capital city of the country? Name famous places of it.
- The capital city is
- White house
is the home of the president. The current president is
- In the city are many memorials and statues, the three most famous are
the Lincoln Monument, the Jefferson Monument
the Washington Monument
is also here which is a military headquarter.
4. Name the most famous places in the USA. Talk about the bigger cities there.
- It has a nickname
- There are many famous places
-the world's most important financial centre
World Trade Center
-The twins were destroyed by terrorists on the 11th of September, 2001.
-Nowadays we can find a museum, memorial and new towers at their place. The most popular tower is the Freedom tower, which is the highest building in New York.
The Empire State Building
-It is a famous skyscraper and tv tower
-connects Brooklyn with Manhattan.
The Statue of Liberty
-stands on Liberty Island with a torch in her hand. The statue is an icon of freedom.
-is one of the world's most visited tourist attractions.
-we can find here huge and bright billboards and advertisement, shops, restaurants and most importantly Broadway theaters.
-here we can find many luxurious shops, jewelleries and offices
-it is one of the oldest and longest streets in NY
-here we can find many theaters, cinemas, concert halls, restaurants and bars
-the largest and the most important park in NY with a Zoo and a lake
-one of the most famous and popular cities of the USA
-it is situated on the west coast in California
Golden Gate Bridge
-it is famous for its construction
-it has a unique orange colour
-the second largest city of USA
-it is famous for film studios like
is the richest part of LA
Many film stars have houses here
-many casinos are here
-there is a saying: "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."
-it is the cradle of jazz music
-famous musician is Louis Amstrong
-the city is situated in Texas
-it is famous for the Nasa center, which is situated here
-it has world famous beaches
-it is very popular with tourists
-in this city we can find many theme parks and water parks, like Universal Studios park, Disneyland
- is the biggest city in Texas
- it is the home of cowboys and oil
-was famous for its car industry
-has a nickname "windy city"
-also has a professional basketball team named Chicago Bulls
-has many sights
6. Which are the special American holidays? What is Thanksgiving?
- it is a scary holiday
-children are wearing scary costumes and are going from
house to house asking a little chocolate or candy they say Trick or Treat
-American families are together and have special dinner which is usually a turkey
-They celebrate it on the last Thursday of November and remember the first successful harvesting of Pilgrims - by the help of native Indians
-Some cities have parades, like New York
-Its other name is 4th of July
-It a day when USA became an independent country from Great Britain
-Families celebrate is outside with BBQ parties and fireworks
-IT IS AMAZIIIING :)
-last Monday in May
-remembering the soldiers who died in Civil War
7. What are the traditional food they eat?
-The like wide range of fast food like
-Another typical American food are:
8. What do you know about American people and their way of life?