Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Genius Hour
• What is your project?
• Who will work with you on this project?
• Who is the audience / user base / client base for this project?
• Why is this project worthwhile?
• What do you expect to learn from this project?
• What PRODUCT will you have to show at the end of the year?
• What sort of expenses will be involved in your project and how will you cover them?
• What sort of equipment will you need and where will you get it?
• What is your timeline for completing (or launching) your project?
Who are they?
Where do they come from?
How can you get some?
What can they do to help?
A Few Questions
Bad Idea Factories
“Children do not need to be made to learn about the world, or shown how. They want to, and they know how.” ~ John Holt
• How did you come up with the idea for your project?
• What were the successes of your project?
• Were there any problems you had to overcome?
• Was there a point where you had to stop and readjust the project a lot?
• What were the weaknesses of your project?
• What was the most important thing you learned throughout your project?
• If you were assigned this project again, what topic/goal would you choose?
Tell the story of your project
Creativity/Innovation Takes Time
THE BIG QUESTION
• The Proposal (Is the proposal on-time, and does it address the required questions appropriately?)
• The Blog (Does the post meet the required length, address the required topic, and submitted to the form on-time? Do you post regularly?)
• The Product (Did you successfully move from idea phase to production phase, and do you have something to show at the end of the term?)
• Productivity (Are you spending your Genius Hour time by actively and passionately working on your project? If not, we need to quickly adjust the project so you are working on something that is intrinsically motivating. This is less objective, but if I see students not being productive, I will intervene.)
• Final Presentation (Does your presentation meet all of the required elements?)
What does it look like?
“Each time one prematurely teaches a child something he could have discovered himself,
that child is kept from inventing it and consequently from understanding it completely.”
― Jean Piaget