Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Being an Independent Music Artist in 2015
Transcript of Being an Independent Music Artist in 2015
In twos, create a detailed digital release plan for a selected music artist's new record - preferably for an artist within your pair. This should outline a clear online PR strategy, plus:
- Completion of Bandcamp form (Moodle)
- Selection of social-media platforms (and why)
- Target demographic (and why)
- What key organisations the artist will be using (PRS, PPL, etc.)
Presentation format suggestions:
- Smartphone video to YouTube/Vimeo
1. Short introductory video
2. What makes a good online music release?
- Generation of ideas
3. Look at the MailChimp control panel / dashboard
4. Look at Bandcamp data fields
5. Completion of Task (1hr)
Overview & Aims
1. Introductory video
Format for today...
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
1. Set up a new release on Bandcamp
2. Generate free download codes within Bandcamp
3. Modify and effectively utilise
nside MailChimp with Bandcamp download codes
4. Present a digital music release plan (in groups) which demonstrates a clear online release strategy.
Loren Weisman >
Consultant, producer and coach Loren Weisman works to help, assist & consult independent artists, musicians, bands, labels & other businesses to achieve sustainable success. He has been a part of over 700 albums as a drummer and music producer.
Author of: The Artist's Guide to Success in the Music Business.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/lorenweisman?feature=watch
Online creativity tools:
Online Distribution & Content Management
BandCamp live overview: http://bandcamp.com
Building Relationships with Fans/Audience
See pages 6-11 of handout on MailChimp campaigns
Moodle > Handouts > 'Eventbrite & MailChimp - handout'