Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Being an Independent Music Artist in 2015
Transcript of Being an Independent Music Artist in 2015
In twos, create a detailed digital release plan for a selected music artist's new record - preferably for an artist within your pair. This should outline a clear online PR strategy, plus:
- Completion of Bandcamp form (Moodle)
- Selection of social-media platforms (and why)
- Target demographic (and why)
- What key organisations the artist will be using (PRS, PPL, etc.)
Presentation format suggestions:
- Smartphone video to YouTube/Vimeo
1. Short introductory video
2. What makes a good online music release?
- Generation of ideas
3. Look at the MailChimp control panel / dashboard
4. Look at Bandcamp data fields
5. Completion of Task (1hr)
Overview & Aims
1. Introductory video
Format for today...
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
1. Set up a new release on Bandcamp
2. Generate free download codes within Bandcamp
3. Modify and effectively utilise
nside MailChimp with Bandcamp download codes
4. Present a digital music release plan (in groups) which demonstrates a clear online release strategy.
Loren Weisman >
Consultant, producer and coach Loren Weisman works to help, assist & consult independent artists, musicians, bands, labels & other businesses to achieve sustainable success. He has been a part of over 700 albums as a drummer and music producer.
Author of: The Artist's Guide to Success in the Music Business.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/lorenweisman?feature=watch
Online creativity tools:
Online Distribution & Content Management
BandCamp live overview: http://bandcamp.com
Building Relationships with Fans/Audience
See pages 6-11 of handout on MailChimp campaigns
Moodle > Handouts > 'Eventbrite & MailChimp - handout'