Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Chemistry 08-22-2016
August 22nd, 2016
Complete the following in your notes:
1) Can a measurement be accurate and not precise? Explain.
2) Can a measurement be precise and not accurate? Explain.
The accuracy of a measurement is how close a result comes to the true value.
Precision refers to the closeness of two or more measurements to each other.
Precision and Accuracy in the Melting Ice Investigation
Class Activity 2
1) Which of the following is a more appropriate tool for measuring volumes in the laboratory?
2) Write a short paragraph explaining how to use a graduated cylinder to measure the volume of a liquid.
3) What should you report for the volume of the liquid measured in the picture to the right?
Measuring with a Graduated Cylinder
4) Explain how a set of measurements can be precise without being accurate.