Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Malcolm X
Born on May 19, 1925
Was jailed for burglary from 1946-1956, he then used this time to better himself by furthering his education. It was during this period he was deciding to convert to Islam.
He was married in 1958 and had 6 childern. All of which were girls. MALCOLM X By Holden, Abby, Zack Malcolm shaking MLK's hand in D.C. the only time they ever meet. Peering out a window, with a M1 carbine rifle. Willing to do what is necessary for what he believed in. Talking to a crowd in Harlem. Pics Beliefs Background Malcolm X Death -Died February 21, 1965 at 39 years old. Muhammad Abdul Aziz, was one of the men that shot him.
-This last tuesday is the anniversary of Malcom X's death.
-He was shot seventeen times. Once with a sawed off shotgun and 16 times with a pistol. He died in the Audubon Ballroom in New York City. Timeline 1925-Born in Omaha Nebraska
1926-Moves to Wisconsin
1928-Moved to Lansing, MI
1929-Lansing home burnt to the ground,
moved to East Lansing
1931-His dad is hit by car and dies ruled a murder
1939-Attends eighth grade at Mason
1954- Becomes acting minister in Philadelphia
1965-Was shot 17 times and pronounced dead Muslum Religion Malcolm x traveled to the middle east for a spiritual journey. On March 12, 1964, Malcolm left the Nation of Islam with the intention of starting his own organization. Malcolm first started to change while was serving an 8-10 year prison sentence for robbery, Malcolm bought into the teachings of Elijah Muhammad’s Nation of Islam. He would rise very quickly in the ranks of the cult, his charisma helped build the Nation of Islam into the mass movement and political force it became in the early 1960s.
- Real name Malcolm Little
- In 1952 changed his surname to "X"
- was involved in:
-he also faked insanity, in order to avoid the World War II draft
- In 1964 he made his pilgrimage to Mecca
- Only met Martin Luther King Jr. one time, for only about 2 mins. Just long enough to get there picture taken together
- killed and buried in New York Interesting Facts Citations Citations http://www.africawithin.com/malcolmx/timeline.htm http://www.malcolmx.com/