Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of thesis
In addition, his study concluded that the perigone extract decreases the percentage of the clinical signs of Aeromonas Hydrophila after even say incubation. Conclusions Fishing is one of the ways of life of many people in the philippines and in other countries because big part
of the world is surrounded by water.one of the most common pathogens affecting the health of the fish and causes major problem of aquaculture is aeromonas hydrophila chester.
fish infected with aeromonas hydrophila chester have different signs and symptoms that may lead to sudden death.
plant is important to people,some plants proved that it contains medicinal properties and have potentials to prevent illness.large number of drugs and medicines come from plants and plays and important of billions of people. Statement of the Problem This study was conducted to screen the different parts shoots, bark, perigones of jackfruit against the common fish pathogen Aeromonas Hydrophila Chester.Specifically,this study aims to determine:
1.How to determine if the extracts of the different parts of jackfruit plat can be used as eradicant agent against Aeromonas Hydrophila Chester?
2. If the extracts of the different part of jackfruit plant can be used as eradicant agent against Aeromonas Hydrophila Chester. using in-vivo testing?
3.Which among the different plant parts is most effective in-vivo testing?
4. I there a significant difference between the effectivity of jackfruit plant as eradicant agent against Aeromonas Hydrophila Chester; and?
5. How many days will be needed to cure the fish infected with Aeromonas Hydrophila chester using jackfruit plant? Hypotheses the following hypothese was tested in the study:
1. The extracts of the different parts of jackfruit plant cannot be used as eradicant agent against aeromonas hydrophila chester.
2. Extracts of the different part of jackfruit plant cannot be used as eradicant agent against Aeromonas Hydophula Chester using in-vivo testing.
3. The different plant parts is not effective in in-vivo testing.
4. There are no significant difference between the effectivity of jackfruit plant as eradicand agent against Aeromonas Hyfophila Chester; and.
5. Extracts cannot cure the fish infected with aeromonas hydophila chester using jackfruit plant. Significance of the Study Antibiotics are drugs that used to treat infections such as bacteria,protozoa, parasites and fungi. Antibiotics are also widely used in the prevention and treatment in infectious diseases in aquaculture.
To the community: However, using antibiotics may cause harmful efects to humans. As some may have side effects to humans. Due to missed use of some antibiotic ma cause allergic reactions such as rash,shortness of breath,swelling of face and neck and diarrhea.
To the Makers of Medicine: Medicinal plants are proven safe and effective in curing many diseases. As they do not have harmful side effect in the body.That is why this study will introduce selected medicinal plant extracts against fish pathogen. the extracts of different plants may serve as a substitute for the use of antibiotics. this study may also contribute for the production of new drugs and medicine Aeromonas Hydophila Chester.extracts may also be used to other disease causing bacteria using this medicinal plant extracts.since plant is readily available anywhere. this study may also use as a reference in the future studies. Recomendation Due to the results obtained in the experiment using the perigone extract of Artocarpus hetrophyllus lam. against Aeromonas hydrophila Chester. the following are suggested to improve further studies:
1. Other extraction methods to identify which method is the best
2. Identofy the bioactive component of the perigone that has a antibacterial activity
3. Use other bacteria to determine the effectivity on the other pathogenic and non-pathogenic bacteria
4. Feeding method in the perigone to see if its more effective than injecting of the extracts. Bibliography Books
Aoiki T. (1999) Motile Aeromonads (Aeromonas hydrophila) in fish Diseases and Disorders. Vol 3: Viral Bacterial and Fungal Infections. Eds P. Woo, D. Bruno, Walingfud CABI Publishing. Pp. 427-453
Jain A.P., Tote M.V., Mahire N.B., Undale V.R., and Bhosale A.V., Evaluation of Anticonvulsant activity of methanolic extract of Artocarpus heterophyllus lam. (Moraceae) in mice; Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2009; 2(6): 1004-1007.
Priyadarshani A.M., Jansz E.R., and Peiris H., Studies on the carotenoids of jakfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam.) from Matale and Kurunegala Districts. J.Natn. Sci. Foundation Sri Lanka. 2007;35(4): 259-262.
Roberts R.J (1993). Motile Aeromonad Septiceamia. In Bacteriology of fish Diseases Eds V. Inglis, R. Roberts, N. Bromage. Blackwell Scientific Publication pp.
Handfield M., Simard P., Couillard M., and Letarte R., (1996). Aeromonas hydrophila Isolated from Food and Drinking Water: hemagglutination, hemolysis, and cytoxicity for Human Intestinal Cell Line. Applied Environmental Microbiology 62, 3459-3461.
Loizzo M., Tundis, R., Chandrica U., Abeyesekera A., Menichini F., and Frega N. (2010). Antioxidant and Antibacterial activities on foodbornePathogens of Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam.(Moraceae) Leaves extracts. Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 75: M291–M295. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2010.01614.x
Naylor R and Burke M. 2005. Aquaculture and ocean resources: raising tigers of the sea. Annual Review of Environmental Resources, 30:185–218.
Manuel V.,, Salinas S., David O., Rodríguez F., Tannia A., Abarca R., and Aldana L., Antimicrobial activity of artocarpesin from Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam. against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Journal of Medicinal Plants Research Vol. 6(34), pp. 4879-4882, 5 September, 2012 Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/JMPR DOI: 10.5897/JMPR12.699 ISSN 1996-0875 ©2012 Academic Journals
Bai L.W, Jing-Ru W., Pao-Hui C., Chi-Feng H., Jih-Pyang W., and Chun-Nan L., Antiinflammatory Flavonoids from Artocarpus heterophyllus and Artocarpus communis
Baliga M.H., Arnadi R.S., Raghavendra H., Jerome D., Harshith P.B., Phytochemistry, nutritional and pharmacological properties of Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam (jackfruit): A review
Cipriano R., Bullock G.L., AND Pyle S.W (2001). Aeromonas hydrophila and Motile aeromonad Septicemias of Fish. Retrieved on September 20, 2011 accessed from http://www.extension.org/mediawiki/files/1/1e/Aeromonas_hydrophila.pdf
Gupta D., Mann S., Sood A., and Gupta R., (2011) PHYTOCHEMICAL, NUTRITIONAL AND ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITY EVALUATION OF SEEDS OF JACKFRUIT (ARTOCARPOUS HETEROLPHYLLUS LAM.) University School of Biotechnology, GGS Indraprastha University, Dwarka, New Delhi 110075, India www.ijpbs.net