Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Passive Voice 7º
Transcript of Passive Voice 7º
Present, Past, Future, Present Progressive, and Present Perfect Passive
When do we use Passive Voice?
To change the focus of attention.
When the object is more important than the subject.
When we don't know who did the action.
Change to PASSIVE VOICE
The object becomes the subject.
Subject becomes the agent.
(use "by" phrase)
Simple Present Passive
Subject + Is/Are + Past Participle
Simple Future Passive
Subject + will be + past participle
Subject - Verb (active) - Object
Laura cooks dinner.
add the verb "be"
the main verb in past participle form
by my brother
will be written
Simple Past Passive
Subject + was/were + past participle
by the teacher.
Present Progressive Passive
Subject + is/are + being + past participle
is being cleaned
Present Perfect Passive
has been baked
by my mom.
Subject + has/have + been + past participle