Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Characteristics of a Rigorous Classroom
Transcript of The Characteristics of a Rigorous Classroom
Rigor- Part II
Creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at
Each student is supported so he/she can learn at
Each student demonstrates learning
1. Projects and models through actions and comments, " I believe you can!"
2. Does NOT allow for a lack of effort.
3. Provide adequate wait time which conveys the message, "I expect you to answer."
1. Extra help is regularly provided to all students in a non-threatening way.
2. Opportunities for review and individualized support are built into the lesson.
3. Individual or small group tutoring is required for students who do not master material. Ideally, in the regular school day.
creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels, and each student demonstrates learning at high levels.
1. When question is asked, all students respond in an interactive manner.
2. Variety of ways to demonstrate learning.
3. Multiple ways to demonstrate understanding (opportunities for rework)
Rigor- Part I
DOK/RBT- Hess Chart for ELA
What Rigor IS
What Rigor is NOT
What are teachers doing?
What are the students doing?
Recall & Reproduction
Skills & Concepts
Question Stem Activity