Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Concrete Canoe Design & Analysis Software Tutorial
Transcript of Concrete Canoe Design & Analysis Software Tutorial
with AutoCAD2013 and SAP2000 Step 1 - AutoCAD
Layer Creation Interpreting SAP generated shear and moment diagrams to determine maximum loads and failure locations for concrete canoe under various conditions. AutoCAD Offset, Region, Area, and MassProperties commands for canoe self-weight estimation Importing AutoCAD .dxf files into SAP2000
for structural Analysis of Canoe Assigning appropriate material property, restraint, and loading conditions on SAP2000 to model simply supported, transportation, and hydrostatic loading cases.
* Open a new AutoCAD 2013 template with the US Customary units
(i.e. 1 = 1 in.)
* Enter the Layer Properties Manager from the Home Menu and create the following layer states:
7) WidthWise (3, 9 and 15 ft respectively or at each foot)
8) Any additional layers or properties you'd like to include * First create the length wise segment of your canoe with the spline layer by using the "line" command on the x-y planar view.
i.e. input 18 ft. line or (216, 0, 0)
* Use the import function from the insert menu or open up the width wise canoe drawing file for each foot section (should be 17 total for an 18ft canoe) and copy/ paste at the respective location along the length span spline line.
*Be sure to enable 2D object snap by clicking F3. Depending on the plane of the original width wise drawing, it may need to be rotated with the rotate command after being snapped to location before connecting with the Spline lines to make the 3D canoe shape.
*If the 17 width wise canoe .dwg files aren't available, reference the excel importing tutorial slide or input the coordinates yourself on AutoCAD.
*Be sure to create/display dimension lines to ensure that all elements are correctly spaced using the Linear Dimension function in the Annotate menu. Step 2 - AutoCAD
Shape Importing & Positioning 1 2 Final conclusions and recommendations based on assumptions, relative accuracy, and applied safety factors.