Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
MUS 121 - Oratorio
Transcript of MUS 121 - Oratorio
It. "Place of Prayer"
To English play-with-music
Soloists, Orchestra, Chorus
No sets, costumes, etc.
studied in Italy, career in England
40+ Italian Operas
Declining popularity of Opera = Oratorio
Buried at Westminster Abbey
George Frederic Handel
composed in 24 days
Handel's Famous Oratorios:
Israel in Egypt
There were Shepherds...
Glory to God
Define the four vocal genres in your own words:
Cantata (secular; sacred)
How are they alike and different?
Why do you suppose composers wrote each of these genres?
Why do you think musicians like to perform these works?