Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of APPS
Apps Pt. 1
Pt. 1 iPad basics and features
Apps is an abbreviation for application
Over 900,000 apps are available in the app store
in the US employs about 800,000 and is growing exponentially.
Apps for mobile devices
Apps can run on the Internet, on your computer, or on your phone or other electronic device
"The software that runs the hardware"
Touch screen tablet
buttons and ports
how to charge
protecting the screen
Multi Touch Screen
is the operating system for the iPad
1. Status bar
3. App icons
4. Home screen
5. The Dock
Introduction to built in apps
IOS 5 comes with 20
(Task oriented and media/entertainment)
Time to play a little more, questions? and .....thank you for attending the training
Apps Pt. 1
What are apps?
iPad basics and features
Built in everyday apps
Getting to know the iPad
Try the multi touch gestures with maps
Task: Note extra credits still apply!
Create an app folder for Puppet Pals and Pocket Pond (notice the folder name)
Now move this folder to the first Home Screen.
Undo everything you just did
Getting to Know iOS6
Managing Apps and notifications
Use the search feature to find what's on the iPad e.g. Living Earth
Open Google maps
by tapping with one
finger on the icon
An app is a piece of software.
Microsoft office (word, excel, database, power point) is a suite of apps
Google docs is a
of apps which include word processing documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms, gmail, google calendar and much more
Apps- the term-
has been popularized via the mobile device revolution
How to navigate IOS 7, the operating system for the iPad
Open and close apps using multi touch gestures
• Tap to "click" or select something on the screen; for example, an app, a link, or a song you want to download. Tap and hold to occasionally access other options (think of this as "right-clicking").
• Drag to scroll up and down, left or right, or any other direction on the screen.
• Swipe left or right to flip through photos, pages in an e-book, pages on the Home screen, and more.
• Swipe left or right with 4 or 5 fingers to switch between open apps.
• Double tap to zoom in or out on photos, webpages, and certain apps.
• Pinch to zoom in or out almost anywhere.
• Pinch 4 or 5 fingers together to jump to the Home screen, no matter where you are.
• Swipe up with 4 or 5 fingers to pull up the multitasking bar.
But wait there's more!
Book Now! Apps Pt. 2
2.Make an additional Home Screen
NBN Extra Credits
Move any app to another Home Screen
Undo what you just did
Safari browsing, adding bookmarks and shortcuts (icons), downloading apps, syncing iTunes
Apps Pt. 2
1.Find the notifications
At the end of Apps Pt. 1 & 2 you should be able to:
Manage the ipad in iTunes.
Goodbye, please return
Manage and personalize your ipad;
Browse the Internet;