Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What Minerals are in a Watch
Transcript of What Minerals are in a Watch
Harder, Vicki. "Minerals in Your House." Minerals in Your House. Mineralogical Society of America, 2015. Web. 12 Nov. 2015.
Radford, By Benjamin. "Why Is Quartz Used in Watches?" <i>LiveScience</i>. TechMedia Network, 21 Feb. 2013. Web. 12 Nov. 2015.
Quartz is used because it maintains a precise frequency, Keeping the timepiece accurate.
It is in plastic because it makes stronger and rigid
What minerals are in a watch
I choose this object because I like to know what time it is. It keeps track of time.
Found in Arkansas and Brazil
Found in Austria and Canada
Pentlandite is used for watch springs.
Minerals in Plastic
Dolomite is mostly found in Italy
In plastic due to hardness and density.