Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
REGION 1 - Ilocos Region
Transcript of REGION 1 - Ilocos Region
A Monkey therefore looks like a person because in the olden days, when a boy or a man misbehaved, he eventually became, following the legends, the first monkey.
The First Monkey
THE LEGEND OF HUNDRED ISLANDS
Literature of Ilocos Region
REGION 1 - Ilocos Region
Includes the provinces of :
Region 1 is referred to as Ilocos region mainly because it is home to a majority of Ilokanos and the seat of Ilokano culture, heritage and language.
There are two distinct versions as to were the word “
1. In Isabelo de los Reyes
“Historia de Ilocos (1885),”
he said that it evolved from the word
2. Ilocos means
“people in the river”
Located on the Northwestern coast of Luzon island
The REGION specializes in the following products and industries:
- rice, corn, garlic, legumes, root crops, tobacco, and other fruits and vegetables
- tilapia and many other kinds of fishes
- pig, goat, chicken, swine and cattle
- loom weaving, furniture, ceramics, iron works
Manufacturing and food processing
- salt, empanada, bagoong, patis, basi (native Ilocano wine), vinegar, longganisa, chicharon, bagnet, chichacorn (cornick), jewelry, garments, cereal processing, packaging, mechanized processing equipment
: Roman Catholicism; Philippine Independent Church; Iglesia ni Kristo; Protestantism; Islam; Animism
Prominent in the nationalist movement, and many rose to high office in the central government.
third largest ethnolinguistic group
Accdg. to other Filipinos and Tourists, ILOCANOS ARE: "HARD-WORKING, INTELLIGENT, FRIENDLY, PRACTICAL, KIND, HOSPITABLE, CREATIVE, TALENTED and RESOURCEFUL."
POPULAR TOURIST SPOTS IN ILOCOS REGION
Cape Bolinao Lighthouse
Malanacañang of the North
Sinking Bell Tower
Lapaz Sand Dunes
Juan Luna Shrine
Bacarra Domeless Tower
pertains to the literary works of writers of Ilocano ancestry regardless of the language used - Iloko, English, Spanish or other foreign and Philippine languages.
The gods has immortalized the hundred warriors in a form of islands so that they might watch over the native land forever.
Father of Ilokano Poetry and Literature
My Father Goes To Court
Tita Lacambra - Ayala
Message: Being Strong despite the odds.
Other Literary Works
BIAG NI LAM-ANG
Naangawan A Kablaaw (A Jolly Birthday Greeting)
Ti Langit Ti Inanamatayo (The Glory of our Hopes)
It also tells the stereotype conflict of two groups - poor and rich family.
The story depicts the typical Filipino family. It has the characteristics of being simple, poor, hardworking, happy and has strong family ties.
We promise according to our hopes, and perform according to our fears.
"Matilde de Sinapangan"