Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Hero's Journey: Joseph Campbell's Monomyth
Transcript of Copy of Hero's Journey: Joseph Campbell's Monomyth
Call to Adventure
Refusal of the Call
Meeting the Mentor
Crossing the Threshold
The Hero's Journey
The Hero's Journey:
The Monomyth and Archetype
"There are only two or three
human stories, and they go on
repeating themselves as fiercely
as if they had never happened before."--
Approach the Inmost Cave
The Road Back
Return with the Elixir
Hero Undergoes Tests
What is an archetype?
Carl Jung and the "Collective Unconscious":
Jung suggests that people who have had no contact with each other at all formed similar stories to explain natural phenomena. For example: Creation stories, Cinderella stories, and flood stories are ubiquitous tales in divergent cultures.
For example: Your dreams!
People have universal dreams.
The 12 Universal Dreams and their Meanings:
Dorothy and Professor Marvel Clip