Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Adult court dispostion
Transcript of Adult court dispostion
Adult court disposition
92.3% adult court dispositions are male (347)
7.7% of adult court dispositions are female (29)
These numbers in parenthesis were taken out of 376.
Lil Roberto is 16 years-old
Following a fight 3 years prior with a faculty member at Roberto school. he was charged with aggravated assault as well as destruction of private property for slashing the same faculty members tires after the physical altercation. At 15 he started working under the table for a business and was happy until he noticed that his checks were being shorted by the owner. Upon realization he attempted to speak with his boss and during that discussion a fight broke out and Roberto was arrested.
Roberto is just one of many kids in California who are considered " troubled" . His employer decided to press charges and upon seeing his previous convictions: Roberto was tried as an adult. The employer saw the severity of the situation and decided to drop the charges but that typically doestn happen . only 13.6% of children tried as adults are dismissed.