Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Morphine
medication that can also
be called a narcotic. What is "The Soldiers Disease?" During the American Civil War, when soldiers had to have a limb amputated, they were given morphine. They then became addicted and this was called "The Soldiers Disease." What was morphine
originally created for? Morphine was originally created for use of a pain reliever in hospitals. Long term effects of morphine? The long term effects of morphine are mental impairment, euphoria, decreased appetite, reduced physical activity, sleepiness, and slurred speech. When you use morphine, you feel relaxed, comfortable, weightless, and like you are floating. 3 Additional facts Morphine is highly addictive and takes heavy withdrawl. Morphine is a narcotic and acts directly on the central nervous system. Morphine can be a perscription drug for pain.