Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Child labor in Yemen
Transcript of Child labor in Yemen
Working children, ages 5 to 14 (% and population): 13.6 (834,866)
Working children by sector, ages 7 to 14 (%)
School attendance, ages 5 to 14 (%): 68.0
Children combining work and school, ages 7 to 14 (%): 10.3
Primary completion rate (%): 69.8
Child Labor in Yemen
Child Labor Welfare
By: Owen, Christian, & Fermin
Types of Child Labor in Yemen
Statistics of Child labor
Some work from 6 in the morning until 7 at night for less than 20 cents a day.
The children work by carrying stuff above their heads, they carry bricks too. Also some of the children in child labor are taught to catch fish. In recent years, the labor market to work in different areas such as restaurants, auto repair shops, construction sites and selling items in streets are amongst other work.
Yemen Child Labor Culture
Political analysts believe the skyrocketing cost of living in Yemen is a major cause driving children into workplaces where the tasks are often dangerous and the pay is abysmal.Yemen is one of the oldest countries, which has a distinct cultural tradition of its own.
Yemen Child Labor
There are thousands of Yemen, children who drop out of school to earn money as mechanics, blacksmiths, carpenters, and other fields with high human capital demands.
Definition Child Labor
According to the International Labor Organization child labor is "work that deprives children of their childhood, their potential, and their dignity and that is harmful to their physical and mental development."
Tamimi Fisheries that is the fish company in Yemen uses child labor to catch fish. In the streets, they let the children use their armed forces.
Yemen is located in Asia
What we can do to help with Child Labor
1. We can try to give them money
2. We can try to give them more food instead of the food they eat at their country.
3. We can build a school for them that way they can learn if they go to school.
4. We can try helping them by working with them, that way they can finish the job faster
5. We can try by staying with them forever that way they won't be left alone.
Companies that use child labor on Yemen