Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Moon Phases
The moon has phases because as it orbits around earth, it reflects off the sun
Depending the position of the moon, angle, and the sun is where the light will reflect off the moon's surface.
The moon travels on an ellipse around the earth from west to east.
What are the moon phases?
The moon appears brightest when the sun and moon aligned opposite sides of Earth
The moon and the sun is at an angle about.5 and the moon is about 15 days old.
Moon phase resources for students
Websites to help teach about the moon and its phases.
How does the moon shine bright?
The moonlight we see is actually moon's surface reflecting off the sun's light.
The brightness you see depends on where the moon is on its orbit around the earth.
The moon travels around the earth once about every 28 days.
positioned between Earth and the sun.
It is too close to the sun to be visible.