Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Beatitudes in today's Society
Transcript of The Beatitudes in today's Society
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
Jesus says that Peace is something that brings people together, he brought peace to earth to preserve peace between us and God. Praying for Peace will change how your heart feels, God wants us all to have peace with one another and also pass it over to those who need it most. By imitating Peace of God we become Gods Children.
Beatitude 1 in Contemporary Society:
For a person to be "poor in spirit" means for a person to totally depend on God; it means being humble and this humbleness helps people to understand that every single thing we have (both spiritual and physical) come from God; we are relying on God for it. Because the person is humble, they are able to do His will. They are blessed: they can experience heaven on earth and they are one step closer to being in heaven after death. In our contemporary society, this means understanding that without God, we wouldn't be here. We rely on God for everything that we need help with and try the best to follow what we were taught.
Living The Spirit?
1. Be A humble Person, understand those who you don't understand
2. Don't separate you from others because your different in color race or religion. In the end we are all the same race because we are born in the human race
3. Spread peace around the world, throw away the unwanted conflict that isn't necessary for making the world a better place for further generations, Giving it to those who need it most.
4. Comfort those who need it most. There are people out there who aren't the same as you. Know there story before you create one about them.
5. Have Respect for anyone you see no matter how different they are: whatever location or situation do not spread the fact that Conflict or violence is okay because someone is different from you.
Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the
kingdom of heaven.
Many people in the Middle east countries who are catholic are being persecuted because of there catholic/christian Religion.
What are my thoughts?
To think that the whole world is separated by different rumors and conspires that is now breaking the human race apart. Both Beatitudes are for sure relate able because of its meaning behind each one. I think that we should all be Children of our own beliefs and be respected for that. We shouldn't be critiqued for whatever we believe in. We should all be peacemakers instead of making more conflict between one another. As shown in Bible passage Matthew 18:15-17 "If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. I chose this Bible quote because it shows we shouldn't make someone feel ashamed for what they believe in but understand what they believe in.
The Beatitudes in today's Society
Jesus has shown us to love others, doing whatever they can for them when they are in need. Jesus asks us to bring peace to others by rectifying peace between others: bringing God's peace to them. Those that do this are recognized as good people and a one with God. God will know that they have done good. They are living how God lives and are therefore "God's children". It asks us to be peaceful ourselves so that we can share that peace with others. This shows how The Human Race Community are able to work as one instead of being separated between what makes us different.
Beatitude 2 in contemporary Society