Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Past Perfect
Events or Actions in the past
She had lived in Santiago in 2010 before she moved back to Iquique in 2013
Subject + Auxiliary + Past Participle
Subject + Auxiliary + Past participle
I had studied before the physic test
Subject + Auxiliary + not + Past Participle
I had not studied before the physic test
Auxiliary + Subject + Past Participle + ?
Had I studied before physic test?
Actions that happen before an specific time in the past
Subject + two auxiliary verbs + gerund
Subject + had + been + gerund
You hadn't been eating well before your health exam
Subject + had + not + been + gerund
Had + subject + been + gerund ?
Had he taken a shower in the morning before went to the college?
You had been eating well before your health exam
Had you eating well before your health exam?
Longer actions in the past which happened before something else
Cause and effect
He had been drinking a lot before he crashed the car
I was tired because I hadn't been sleeping for a week