Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Five Tenets of Transcendentalism
Transcript of Five Tenets of Transcendentalism
1. Everything is a reflection of God
People are basically good
People will still sin, but they will repent and most of the time, they will choose to do the right thing
Nature is a special reflection of God
2. Contemplating nature can allow you to transcend the real world
People can get closer to God without Church
Nature is as close as you can get to God
Society keeps people from getting to a higher spiritual level
3. A person's instinct can lead them to understand God's spirit
No special wealth, status, or prior knowledge is needed to understand God
Since people are basically good, their gut instincts will lead them to God
4. Individualism and self-reliance are better than following others
People will make the right choices if given the chance
Government is unnecessary
Questioning tradition is a good thing
People should not depend on money or belongings
5. A person's true feelings and intuition are more valuable than book knowledge
Gives power to all humans, not just to people of status (wealthy, intelligent)
Emotion is more powerful and valuable than reason
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Henry David Thoreau