Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Converting Units of Length
Transcript of Copy of Converting Units of Length
of Length Ladder Method Word Problem One week while he was training for a marathon, Eric ran a total of 131 kilometers.
How many meters did he run?
If he ran every day of the week, how many meters on average did he run each day? Objectives:
Change measures of length from one unit to another
Compare measurements express in different units
Determine an appropriate unit of measurement for a given dimension
Identify situations where knowledge of converting units of length could be applied Try these conversions on your own. 1. 2000 mm = _______ m
2. 5 m = _______ cm
3. 16 cm = _______ mm
4. 104 km = _______ m
5. 198 m = _______ km Think-Pair-Share 1. 63 cm _____ 6 m
2. 5 m _____ 508 mm
3. 1,500 m _____ 1.5 km What do you think is the appropriate unit for the following? Second Year Math
Mr. Edser Reños Compare using <, >, or =. 1. Distance from Luneta to La Salle Green Hills
2. Length of a classroom
3. Width of your ID Synthesis 1. How do we convert a small unit into a larger unit?
2. How do we convert a large unit into a smaller unit?
3. Why is it important to determine the appropriate unit for a certain measure?
4. Where do you think we can apply conversion of units?