Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Summary of Marketing Insights & Big Data Event
Transcript of Summary of Marketing Insights & Big Data Event
make Tweakers website of the
- Vincent Pijpers (Tweakers) & Ralf Haberich (Webtrekk)
Big Data offers
big opportunities !
- Jaap Wieringa (Customer Insights
Center Rijksuniversiteit Groningen)
Turn Big Data into
"The psychology of the marketeer"
Too many organisations look the same
-> hard to differentiate
-> do in depth interviews with clients and discover things you did not see
"Why a tablet is not mobile commerce"
Jeroen Tjepkema (Meausureworks)
& Maurice Jongerius (bol.com)
Key note 5 Feb
"Music & the flow of enthusiasm!"
"Enthousiasm is a trilogy":
MARKETING INSIGHTS & BIG DATA EVENT -
Utrecht, 5 & 6 Feb '14
98% postal mailing: unopened thrown away
Break, burn or ban the Box!
- Mark Raben SAP Nederland BV
Implement your ideas and learn from it
Watch out with focus groups: 2 is a crowd!
Give yourself a good reason to overcome your fear
- Jelmer van der Meulen & Martijn Vincke
- Rijn Vogelaar
1. Find your flame:
What do I want to be? Did I achieved this? e.g. Raymond Cloostermans - CEO Rituals
2. Follow the flame:
Find people that share the same "flame"
3. Forecast the flood:
Involve your fans/Super promotors/ your "Torchbearers"
ready to go!
in other words:
US: shopping journey starts:
- 65% on smartphone
- 25% pc
- 11% on tablet
Bol.com: success story
(when customer needs arises)
Max adapted to personal preferences
Max choice in product & price
Tablet is not equal to mobile -> Different KPI's (search/browse/order value/unit per order) -> KPI for tablet has more in common with laptop than with mobile
Smartphone: 23% wanders, 77% searches focused
Mobile context: search suggestions are key
Make mobile part of the customer journey
B.I. = Sales intelligence + web intelligence (google analytics) + customer intelligence (know your customer) + marketing intelligence (campaigns, market research)
Collecting data is easy, Connecting data not.
Not all data becomes useful info. Do really need that data? What will you do with it?
- Data between people
- Data between people & machines
- Data between machines
- Mix of structured (eg database) & unstructured (eg audio/video/ppt/...)data
How does this create value to companies?
Big data = big problems? or big opportunties?
eg Netflix: capable to predict what people will watch
eg Airbnb: data to improve experience, identify suspicious booking -> nerds.airbnb.com
What companies are succesful in using Big data? Those who use more & more frequent unstructured data.
HBR (Oct '12): "Data scientist the sexiest job in '12"
New challenges for companies:
- how visualize volume?
- where to start?
- how analyse & react fast?
New challenges for research:
- What is the effect of social media (on stock market)?
- Which channels has most effect? When? Combined with?
Overload on data, useful for different parties
eg running -> sports shop knows when you need new pair of shoes
Customer journey mapping: how relate this to technology ? Storyboarding / Personas (cf Go'Spresso case)
Heat map of the shop: possible to check real time ROI of promotions
The LinkedIn Digital Economic Blueprint
- Marcel Molenaar (LinkedIn Benelux)
(Keynote evening day 1)
Netherlands : highest penetration of LI profiles of Master Students
Extra service for universities: track where your alumni are working
Insights for selling: empower your network -> all colleagues should be connected -> size of network
Target with accuracy: -> "authentic" data: filled out by owners of the data
E.g. Cathay Pacific: log in from which continent?
- Cyriel Kortleven
you focus on 1 thing & does not the changing context
"Yes but..." -> Ideakiller. Try 3 min to react with "Yes and...!"
"Out of the box" or "out of business"?
e.g. branded taxi lab = mobile market research.
Bent u al marketeer 3.0?
- Laura Hamer (Ulysses Consulting BV)
"Innovation is the ability to convert ideas into invoices"
Make sure you'll be found online. Google loves Blogs!
Ideas for content: whitepaper, checklist,...
Stop selling! Start helping purchasing!
Who is your customer? Create Buying Persona's!
Create dashboards (hubspot)
Inbound marketing = Marketing 3.0, everything interconnected
Social wisdom; social media als basis van commercieel succes
- Patrick Kerssemakers (Fonq.nl) & Ayman van Bregt (Game Changers)
- Devices = seamless journey
- Switch offline & online retail
- Price erosion
E.g. Fonq.nl : authenticity, emotional commerce
-> Inspirational mail, 2x more clicks compared to
promo mail. Social media = source of social wisdom. cf Twitter api. Who are the influencers? Netwerk analysis! Collaborate!
COBRAs: het managen van consumer
participation op social media
- Peeter Verlegh & Daan Muntinga (SWOCC, University Amsterdam)
As marketeer, you can:
1. Measure, observe what consumers share & say
2. Facilitate, make info available. Make place for reviews, Starburcks Idea
3. Influence what people say. Give them conversation starters!
4. Stimulate interaction between consumers.
COBRA = Consumers Online Brand Related Activities
WHY? Intrinsic vs Extrinsic motivation
From Hype To Reality: Targetting Success in Data Driven Marketing.
- John Graeme Noseworthy
(Strategic Messaging Director IBM)
2 Challenges :
- How to use data to create value for customers?
- How to deliver data that create value for customers?
Discover insights, deliver relevance
Big data =
- right message -> optimize content
- right person -> do we understand our audience
- right timing -> which channel?
- right price -> yield
How to get started?
Educate - Explore - Engage - Execute!
- Understand customers as individuals!
- Create a system of engagement that maximizes value at every touch
- Design culture & brand -> be authentic!
Global CMO study by IBM (2011):
What keeps you up at night?
1. Overload Data
2. Use Social Media
3. Integration Channels & Devices
4. Behavioural patterns,