Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Hawaii- 5 Themes of Geography
Transcript of Hawaii- 5 Themes of Geography
Plan for Today:
- Have an awesome time
- Learn a bit about Hawaii and what we did there
- Teach you guys about the 5 themes and how they relate to Hawaii
- A little surprise at the end
- The way people, products, information, and ideas move from one place to another.
- Polynesians first settled in 300- 600 A.D
- brought species of animals, plants, and vegetables with them.
- Hawaii International Airport
- Kalealoa Airport
- Bus system
- Railway System
- 7.6 million tourists each year
-3 percent of the population are Native Hawaiians
- the majority of the population is Asian American.
Human- Environment Interaction
- Interactions between humans and the rest of the ecosystem
- Nature Conservancy
-group that protects the Hawaiian Islands
- Their system:
- conserve wild life
- expand national parks
- makes partnerships to protect forests and coral reefs
- include community
- helped protect 200,000 acres
- What we did:
- cut down ginger in Kohala Mountains
- Air, Light, Noise, and Water pollution
- 8 major islands
- Natural characteristics
-vegetation, rivers, wildlife, climate, mountains, beaches, volcanoes,and soil.
- three active ones
- we went to some
- Human characteristics
- bridges, houses, buildings, roads, and parks.
cutting down ginger
Time For Jeopardy!!!
- Polynesians brought dance
- Also brought plants and cattle
-Beaches, Tropical Rainforests, Waterfalls, Desert like areas
- Volcanic crater
1.)In the middle of the Pacific Ocean
2.)2000 miles South west of the main land
3.)2250 miles from LA( the closest city
21 degrees north, 157 degrees west
A very isolated location