Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Color Theory as it Effects Human Emotion
Transcript of Color Theory as it Effects Human Emotion
Effects Human Emotion What is color? col·or
/ˈkʌlər/ Show Spelled[kuhl-er] Show IPA
the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue. (Dictionary.com, 2011) In 1666, Sir Isaac Newton discovered that when pure white light passes through a prism, it separates into all of the visible colors, in the spectrum order of, red, yellow, green, blue, violet, and rose. RED. The color red is most commonly associated with the strongest emotions, specifically love, and anger. Colors in the red area of the color spectrum are known as warm colors and include red, orange and yellow. These warm colors evoke emotions ranging from feelings of warmth and comfort to feelings of anger and hostility. " " (Cherry, 2005) The color red neurologicaly stimulates excitement, such as fear or lust.
(red blankets used to attract the bull in bull fighting, blood in horror movies, or hearts on valentines.) ORANGE Yellow is warm, and bright Yellow is also the most fatiguing to the eye due to the high amount of light that is reflected. (Cherry, 2005) " Although yellow is asociated with happiness, its brightness can have negative effects on the eyes. " * Red was used to stimulate the body and mind and to increase circulation.
* Yellow was thought to stimulate the nerves and purify the body.
* Orange was used to heal the lungs and to increase energy levels.
* Blue was believed to soothe illnesses and treat pain.
* Indigo shades were thought to alleviate skin problems. (Cherry) Green is a cool color. "The color of growth, nature, and money. A calming color also that's very pleasing to the senses. Dark forest green is associated with terms like conservative, masculine and wealth. Hospitals use light green rooms because they too are found to be calming to patients. It is also the color associated with envy, good luck, generosity and fertility. It is the traditional color of peace, harmony, comfortable nurturing, support and well paced energy." (Walch) BLUE Blue represents peace, tranquility, calm, stability, harmony, unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, loyalty, sky, water, cold, technology, and depression.
Blue can "slow the pulse rate, lower body temperature, and reduce appetite." Blue is considered a business color because it reflects reliability.
In China, blue is associated with immortality.
In Colombia, blue is associated with soap.
For Hindus blue is the color of Krishna.
For the Jews, blue symbolizes holiness.
In the Middle East blue is a protective color.
Note: Blue is often considered to be the safest global color. Purple is the combination of red and blue, and combines the passion of red and the calmness of blue, to create a regal color.