Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Peace and War through Art: A Webquest
Transcript of Peace and War through Art: A Webquest
Friedrich Nietzsche photo credit Nasa / Goddard Space Flight Center / Reto Stöckli BELFAST Syrian children's drawing
at a refugee camp in Turkey Haitian art Haitian art Haitian painting
"under the rubble" Spanish "Indignados" Mural painting
on an Egyptian street wall Egyptian painting The name of peace is sweet, and the thing itself is beneficial, but there is a great difference between peace and servitude. Peace is freedom in tranquillity, servitude is the worst of all evils, to be resisted not only by war, but even by death.
Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC) You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.
Malcolm X (1925 - 1965), Malcolm X Speaks, 1965