Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Magnets
Science Unit 2
A magnet is a piece of metal. It attracts and pulls things toward itself and holds them.
Which of these things might a magnet attract?
What do magnets attract?
Do magnets attract all metal things?
What is a magnet?
Magnets are made of metal. Magnets attract other metal things.
Magnets do not attract all kinds of metal.
Magnets attract iron, nickel, and cobalt.
What is magnetic force?
Earth is a giant magnet. It has two poles or ends, the North Pole and the South Pole.
Magnets can attract things without touching them. This is because magnets have a magnetic force. This force is invisible and can go through other things.
Look at the arrows at the poles.
Are they going the same way?
Poles that are the same will repel or push each other. Opposite poles will attract each other.
Are these poles the same or opposite?
Magnets also have two poles. The tiny pieces
of iron show the magnetic field.