Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Dixieland
Jelly Roll Morton
Claimed he invented jazz in 1902
"Originator of Jazz-Stomp-Swing"
Helped define jazz
Finest composer of early jazz
Took the multiple themes and syncopation of ragtime to a new level that emphasized a foot tapping beat (stomp)
"King Porter Stomp"
Red Hot Peppers
King Oliver's Creole Jazz Band
Clarinet and soprano sax
One of the first great soloist in jazz history
Turned instruments into one of the leading voices
Single most important figure in the development of jazz
Of all the artists mentioned in this presentation which is your favorite and why?
Find one of their tunes on youtube. Discuss the tune: instruments, style...anything we have talked about in class.