Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
God is Dead
Transcript of God is Dead
(1844 - 1900)
The first punk philosopher
Constructed Post-Christian moral ethic
- no longer reliant on Traditional and Judeo - Christian dogma. - Slave Mentality
"To jibber about a true world is not only to degrade this one but is a sign of weakness, sickness and decadence".
- A step further than Rousseau & Volitaire who still considered Deism
- Bridged Modernism to Post Modernism
Do away with it!
- It is a social construct decietfully invented
- No external Metaphsyic is needed at all
Live for the now
Yield to desire, passion, self.
Morality of pleasure and experience
Sin is not sin at all
Creation of Super Man (Ubermensch)
Value of Strength & Power
The self definition of an individual morality
Destruction of Absolute truth
"A world of their own beside the other"
Concept of a Master Race
- Idea of unconscious desire
Fredrich Nietzsche 1882
New post Christian foundation for morality.
No absolute way to live , what to value.
Safety net is removed.
Deconstructed personal interplay
No place for God in classroom, curriculum,
Deconstructed School Context
Foundation of Sand
Dislocation from Absolutes and Structures
that hold people together
What are the issues with this?
"God is Alive"
A Triscendent Philosophy
A foundation of rock and living