Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Marketing Presentation
and Positioning By: Jeremy, Jeremy, Kathryn,
Jon and Rob Food With Integrity Is Chipotle's mission statement stating; Food with integrity is our commitment to finding the very best ingredients raised with respect for the animals, the environment and the farmers. A target market is; a group of customers that the business has decided to aim its marketing efforts and ultimately its merchandise towards. Chipotle competes in a category of dining labeled, "Fast-Casual", the fastest growing segment of the restaurant industry. It takes the fast from fast-food, the quality and ambiance of casual dining, while keeping a focus on health and freshness. In addition having an average ticket price below $10. Chipotle's three target markets Local Market Commuting Workers and Tourists Commercial Events Segmentation The division of a broad market into similar products and brands. The main target or segment of Chipotle's "Food With Integrity" advertisement is 18-34 year olds with at least a Bachelor's degree. This group belongs to the upper middle class in the 'mass affluent´ segment in households with an average income of $75,000-$99,000 if only one person and $100,000-$149,000 if more than one adult lives in the household. Living in a household under these conditions allows the younger portion of this age segment to be a part of the upper middle class through their families. There are two distinct Groups to Chipotle's Segmentation
- "Health Nuts" Chipotle's Demographics:
- 59.7% Female And 40.3% Male
- Between The Ages of 18-24
- 82% Caucasian
- 44% Are College Educated
- 69% Have No Children Chipotle's Psychographics:
- Environmentally Conscious
- Active Lifestyle
- Socially Focused
- Tech Savvy
- Image Conscious
- Financially Unfocused Positioning The process of defining the marketing mix variables so that target customers have a clear, distinctive, desirable understanding of what the product does or represents in comparison with competing products. Positioning Chipotle shies away from traditional media which in return younger audiences think that chipotle is authentic and down to earth. Word of mouth Chipotle focuses on "Fast Casual" Dining Some competitors in this market are;
- Qdoba Mexican Grill
- Moe's Southwest Grill
- Panera Bread What exactly gives Chipotle an advantage over its competitors? Commitment to "Food With Integrity" Identify competitors positions Monitor the positioning strategy Step 3 Select the position Determine consumer's perceptions and evaluations of the product or service in relation to competitors Positioning Strategy helps communicate the firm's product's Value Proposition, which is the unique value that a product or service provides to its customers and how it is different and better than its competitors. Step 1 Step 2 Determine Consumer Preferences Step 4 Final Step Local Farmers and communities Animal Welfare and the Environment Consumer Health and Nutrition Chipotle's higher order of purpose The Five Steps Of Marketing Summing it up with Kathryn Target Markets:
- Local Market
- Commuting Workers and Tourists
- Commercial Events Segmentation: The main segment is 18-34 year olds in the upper middle class Positioning: Commitment to "Food with integrity" and word of mouth advertising draws the younger audiences in. In turn, this has helped instill the value of their company into the mind of their consumer's The End