Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Business Cartoon - 54478
Transcript of Business Cartoon - 54478
To be one of the world leading producers and providers of entertainment & information.
Using portfolio of brand to differentiate content, Service and consumer products.
We seek to develop the most creative, innovative and profitable entertainment experience and related products in the world.
To deliver movies that is not only redefine what’s possible in the worlds of visual technology and animation, but that make us gasp with the beauty and wonder of the human truths and life experiences they describe.
To open the 1st Disneyland in Middle East, with the same level of quality.
What about your First strategies?
Our strategies are ...
"we would like to present"
4. Customer Focus
1) Creating animated films with messages that resonate in the hearts
and minds of our entire customer based.
2) Our goal is to be the number one satisfies the customer needs in the form of amusement entertaining and in the best quality and best way.
3) To be not simply a studio, but a combination of entertainment
media that well surpasses any other media company.
4) The second largest revenue producer for “Guru” will be our parks and resorts. In 2017, we will draw outline and make action plan for the opening of our park, “GURU LAND” and make sure to be the most visited theme park by doing.
5) Will expand and focus also on Media industry; media networks
6) As for the financial goals is to maximize earnings and to allocate
capital growth initiatives that will drive long-term shareholder
GURU positions itself in the mind of each and every viewer. We create an emotional experience for each customer.
We offer high quality and worldwide brand recognition. GURU customizes all its products with specific characteristics of its company which help define and differentiate their products from others.
GURU is trying to distribute its products all over the world. They are more likely to have get their brand out there and have even more recognition than they already have.
GURU succeeds in this area extremely well, especially in low peaks of the year with entertainment, especially movies. Also our channels are ongoing all over the year in the TV.
With each movie, character, park/resort, and toy that GURU decides to take on; their research identifies what the consumers are looking for. We are trying to achieve the best in the market and create all that can be new to the viewer.
1. Creating animated films with messages that resonate in the hearts and minds of our entire customer based.
2. Our goal is to be the number one satisfies the customer needs in the form of amusement entertaining and in the best quality and best way.
3. To be not simply a studio, but a combination of entertainment media that well surpasses any other media company.
4. The second largest revenue producer for “Guru” will be our parks and resorts.
5. Will expand and focus also on Media industry; media networks and broadcasting.
6. As for the financial goals is to maximize earnings and to allocate capital growth initiatives that will drive long-term shareholder value.
We have analyzed and scanned the egyptian environment through multiple factors such as the Political, Economical, Social and Technological in the egyptian society and we figured out the following analysis and strategies:
After the PEST analysis we have scanned another factors such as following
Threat of new entry
We are aiming to produce different kind of films in Egypt and the Middle East however we will find difficulty to have audience as there are other companies in Egypt and the Middle East as well in addition to the films which are always in the cinemas done by Pixar Animation Studios and Disney.
Animation Company in Egypt
Abu-Mahjoob Creative Productions
Alian Shiveh Co., LTD.
There is small number of Animation Company in Egypt in most of the governorates.
Most of the competitors are controlling the areas of their locations and they have a big
amount of distribution channels in the market.
The population rate in the market “Egypt or the Arab countries” is an advantage, as most of the populations are from the youth, as they represent the majority for the society.
Already the market is ongoing mainly with the high quality movies which are produced by Pixar and Disney Studios like Toy Story.
Threat of Substitution
As the animation movies is a need for the youth and children of the society in the meanwhile, this kind of products won’t be easily substituted, as the animation movies itself is developed and racing with the improvement of the society and the market.
- Well qualified talents to deliver the best Movies and Ideas in the animation industry
- New, innovative and creative Ideas in the Arab country to achieve the required targeted audience.
- Good Budget to afford expansion and to start new businesses.
- Lack of distribution channels to reach all the customers.
- Start up company with limited supplying resources.
- Weak marketing expertise.
- Wide market in Egypt and neighboring Arab countries.
- Age distribution in the country (Youth majority) which will provide more audiences and customers.
- The new market risk as it’s a new established company.
- Competitors accessing and controlling the distribution channels and marketing methods.
- Competitors offering big salaries to other professional and well experienced talents.
Turning analysis into strategies
The generic strategies refer to how the organization chooses to be in the market.
We decided to be analyzer as we are already competing with an existing product and we are trying to modify the modules to adopt the Egyptian market.
This strategies refer to the directions will be followed by the management.
We decided to do different product in related business, like animation movies,
entertainment park … etc.
The purpose of this strategy is to create and enhance the competitive position of the organization and its products.
We issue an existing product, with high quality and efficiency competing with multinational companies and also adding a new service like the Entertainment
- What meant by staffing plan, is how to ensure the staffing and the turnover rates and the needed employees per quarter.. To ensure the delivery of the service with the best quality and minimum costs
- It depends on analysis and knowing the measurement of the upcoming
workload and needed staffing to handle this load.
- What meant by recruitment plan is what is the process and procedures for the recruitment, and what it the flow of the hiring process.
- To create a specific and organized recruitment process including the
The recruitment process will include the following:
- Pooling and resourcing
- CV Filtering and Screening
- Interviewing processes
The pooling and resourcing methods that will be used as follows:
Pooling and Resourcing:
- Recruitment Pools
- Company Email
- Online Boards
- Job Fairs
As per the job analysis and descriptions and required amount of production needed the needed amount of employees to be hired “the total Head
count” is decided
To access the hiring targets for all the candidates using the sourcing and pooling methods, we started using the online boards to recruit the needed qualified candidates for all the department as below:
- Wuzzuf website for hiring:
Started annual contract with 1200 CV’s access and 50 posts.
- Linked in Premium account:
Semiannual contract for the premium account to access searches and posts through linked in
Started contacting universities related to the needed positions to join job fairs and academic sponsorship.
- Applied art / Fine Art (Helwan University) – (6 of October University) – (MIU).
To start internships and job posting through the university to access all the
undergraduates and graduates
- Sponsoring the universities in the job fairs to hire the needed candidates and to brand the name of the company.
Starting using the social media channels (Facebook – Twitter) to post and brand the name of the company to ensure the publicity of the org and to grab interest for all the required candidates.
Not finding the required number of talented and qualified
- Having the space to train and educate the non‐qualified
candidates to have the required skills and knowledge.
- Using more attractive methods and benefits to have more pool and applicants.
Turnover and attrition rates:
- Start analyzing the turnover reasons and issues.
- Start finding the needed solutions for the unsatisfactory issues causing the turnover.
The selecting process are not accurate and long:
Analyzing the assessments and interviews to know the missing points from the selection process.
- Using a more specific and accurate methods to decrease the
length of the selection process.
Learning and Development
Learning and development plan was put to GURU studios. Its aim to train
employees the skills needed to perform their current jobs and be able to perform future jobs and development to their careers and meeting the company’s goals and objectives.
The department needs to align training activities, career management and performance management with the organizational goals and objectives.
1)Training need assessments
2)Training and development policies and procedures
4) Career Management Plan
- Orientation will be done to employees to the company and the job.
- Specific Job related training will be done
The plan is as follow:
Effective training system:
Ensures employees readiness for training
Creating a learning environment
Ensuring transfer of training
Selecting training method
Evaluating training programs
Training is classified into soft skills, Technical and post graduates.
We must measure readiness of employees to training.
Training must have the support of the managers Sufficient resources is needed for the sake of training
- Soft Skills
- More Specialized software trainings
- Characters raining in the park (GURU LAND)
- Post Graduates
Design the Training
- Identify Trainers
- Schedule Sessions
- Create and Distribute training Materials
- Register Students
- Run Classes
- Evaluate Performance against Objectives
- At least after the end of the year or each quarter the L&D has to collect and analyze all evaluations done for all trainings to provide the best development for training.
- We may not find sufficient number of rooms for training.
- Equipments have to be in the best quality and shape to satisfy the trainees and facilitate the training process for the trainer.
- The provider may provide us with wrong materials or not in the best quality.
- Difficulty in having good number of participants registered in each course due to trainees are not ready for trainings or the work load makes the trainees not able to
have time for trainings.
1. Start with The good place or Training room with good facilitators.
2. After every step in training plan We should evaluate the position for every part.
3. The vendor should give the update contents & materials of every courses.
4. The training plan should be effective in the timetable as the needs of company strategy.
5. All trainees will find attractive methods to attend all sessions to give accurate results for all departments.
6. All managers should Attend & follow the training process to ensure the results will gather with the organization strategy.
Guru is a corporation that follows a Leadership Enriched culture to support all the employees to enrich the company with their knowledge and experiences.
The company has a supportive leadership and giving the space to
all the employees to add their inputs to company ideas and strategies.
Role of the manager is to foster this teamwork and create
positive and energetic workplaces. In much regard, the manager can be considered to be the “coach” of the team. And as coach, the goal is to make the team perform well overall, rather than focus on their own performance, or the performance of key individuals.
Also it is quite effective in organizations that need to find new
approaches – marketing teams, research and development,
technology/software – indeed anywhere the competitive
landscape is constantly changing and ideas and innovation are
key competitive success factors.
Finally to be one of the world leading producers and providers of entertainment and information.
GURU will combine proprietary technology and world class creative talent to develop computer animated feature films with memorable characters and heartwarming stories that appeal to audiences of all ages.
We are not simply a studio, but a combination of entertainment media that well surpasses any other media company.
To accomplish that vision and mission we are implementing the objectives and the strategic plan mentioned before in a professional team work spirit.
Soon we are all waiting for the day of the grand opening of "GURU Land" and the launching of the GURU different channels.
Finally this report comes to a question that can’t be answered
neutrally, would I like to work for this company? As all the information stands, yes I would like to work for this company. It’s profitable, successful and offers very diverse work. It seems to be growing and expanding. Sign me up.
" Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success".
The compensation strategy is extremely important as the right compensation strategy helps to build the effective and competitive organization, while the wrong one, which does not fit with the needs of the organization and with the HR and Business Strategies, can destroy the organization within several years and due to decrease in performance and not utilizing the full potential of employees. Also, it represents where the organization in the market.
Guru decided to follow the Growth strategy and provide their customers with different products, so we will work on employees’ satisfaction by paying them well and giving the most practical benefits.
1) Grading System
We offer two types of benefits:
A) Fixed Benefits:
• Flexible working Hours & Overtime
• Fuel allowance or transportation
• Life Insurance
• Medical Insurance
B) Variable benefits
Also we will do the following to make the business
1) Implement payroll system.
2) Buy salary survey.
3) Set clear scale to allow the recruitment to offer within it.
4) Align with the recruitment team, to be able to meet the candidates’ expectations.
5) Determine Salaries according to education, years of experience and skills.
6) Do analysis each month to make sure that we are working within the budget.
1) Candidates do not accept the offers.
2) Employees are not satisfied with their salaries.
3) Hiring new candidates within 2017 which will exceed the budget.
4) Miss-communication between compensation and recruitment.
5) Payroll system.
1) Align with the recruitment department to decrease the HC and increase the salaries or select calibers with qualifications match the current budget.
2) Offer more benefits.
3) Allocate their cost to the next year.
4) Arrange weekly meeting between HR functions to make sure that all functions are working smoothly.
5) Buy payroll system that is flexible enough to cope with growth plan.