Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
'The Chocolate Experiment' - Science Investigation (lower KS2). By Laura Carey
Laura Careyon 7 October 2012
Transcript of 'The Chocolate Experiment' - Science Investigation (lower KS2). By Laura Carey
To investigate how the change of chocolate from a solid to a liquid is REVERSIBLE. Pupils should be taught to:
describe changes that occur when materials [for example, water, clay, dough, chocolate] are heated or cooled
about reversible changes, which in this experiment, includes melting and cooling/freezing. SC3 1. Always wash your hands before and after handling food.
2. Tie long hair back
3. Need adult supervision when in the process of melting the chocolate.
4. If you burn yourself run under cold water for 5 minutes. Health & Safety 1. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils; establish a safe stimulating environment for pupils.
3. Demonstrate good subject knowledge and curriculum knowledge
4. Plan and teach well structured lessons; contribute to the design and provision of an engaging curriculum within the subject area. Teachers' Standards Chapter 15: The Chocolate Room Based on Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Plan Cross Curricular Links:
Design and Technology
MELTING THE CHOCOLATE - Using the hob (be careful!!) Once the chocolate has melted, carefully spoon the chocolate into the star moulds. Apparatus ''It has gone all gooey and it flows off the spoon'' To make the melted chocolate become solid again, it needs to be cooled or frozen. So we put the liquid mould stars in the fridge over night. The chocolate has become a liquid!!!! Taadaah!!! The chocolate has now gone back to a solid!!
This is what we call a REVERSIBLE reaction!!
Solid Liquid Solid Let's see what happened the next day??? Mmmm! My latest invention - Chocolate Stars!! Further Investigation To investigate further you could test different types of chocolate to see which melts the quickest: milk chocolate, dark chocolate or white chocolate?
You would carry out this investigation using the same method but with the addition of using a stopwatch, timing how long it takes for each chocolate to melt.
This would suggest which chocolate would be best for melting at Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. ''Thank you for visiting my Chocolate Factory!'' Melting Cooling The End