Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Galileo Galilei Presentation
Transcript of Galileo Galilei Presentation
By: Kianna Cotton
Galileo Galilei was born in Pisa, Italy. In 1584, Galileo was very interested by mathematics and geometry, and he took classes by a teacher in Tuscan court. He did not finish his degree due to the fact he was poor so he moved back to Pisa. In 1589-1592 he worked on his theory of motion. He and his family moved to Florence, and Galileo started his education at the Camaldolese monastery in Vallombrosa. He also went to the University of Pisa, and the University of Padua.
What was going on
in the world at
this time and what was math's importance?
-There was a war between Catholic vs. Protestant nations during his time
-English Civil War happened in the year that he had died
- There were so many ideas and discoveries that fascinated people like Galileo sometimes referred to "The age of reason"
Why is Galileo important to the world of math?
Galileo really contributed to the fields of physics, astronomy, cosmology, mathematics and philosophy. He found out that Earth was not the center of the solar system. He says Jupiter has four moons and Venus has a face that looks like a moon!! He also discovered the rings of Saturn. He was able to due all of this with a telescope. This was an important discovery because no one has ever discovered anything like this. Galileo is important today because of his studies in astronomy. With out him discovering the world is round, we would think the world is flat and square and we wouldn't go places much because we would think we would fall. Galileo also fixed the telescope, military compass, and the thermometer. All of the things we use now.
- Galileo learned from his father Vincenzo Galilei to be a lute player
- Galileo was blind in the last year he had to live
Galileo came up with a technique for the pendulum clock
-Galileo’s middle finger of his right hand is right now on display at the Museo Galileo in Florence, Italy.
- Galileo believed in many theories but not kepler's theory that the moon causes tides
- Galileo repaired windows and made sure that the convent clock worked